- Horticultural Society Website
- Event: Coach Trip to Welford Park for the Snowdrops Sunday 21 February
- Event: Gardeners' Question Time Thursday 24 March at 7:30pm at Fellowship House
- Event: 'Gardening for Wildlife', a Talk by Anne Luder Thursday 14 April at 7:30pm at Fellowship House
- View all Horticultural Society events
- Event: Council Meeting Tuesday 1 March at 8pm at Fellowship House
- Event: Council Meeting Tuesday 2 February at 8pm Tuesday 1 March at 8pm Tuesday 5 April at 8pm Tuesday 3 May at 8pm Tuesday 7 June at 8pm Tuesday 5 July at 8pm Tuesday 6 September at 8pm at Fellowship House
- Event: Last copy date for What’s On in May, June & July Monday 14 March
- Event: Council Meeting Tuesday 5 April at 8pm at Fellowship House
- View all Residents Association events
- Strategy Group: Final Report
- Member Discounts at local shops
- More about the Residents Association
- Join the residents E-MAIL GROUP
The Garden Suburb Police Safer Neighbourhood Team. See here for contact details, news and crime prevention tips.
Hampstead Garden Suburb is located in North West London, England, approximately 7 miles from the centre of London. Founded in 1907 by Dame Henrietta Barnett, it is internationally recognised as one of the finest examples of early twentieth century domestic architecture and town planning, and home to approximately 13,000 people.
Fellowship Art Exhibition - Wednesday 10 February to Tuesday 1 MarchArt Exhibition at Fellowship House - until early March. 24 works illustrating the wide range of Suburb artist Ellen Gilbert. The art can be viewed in the Eileen Whelan Room at Fellowship House on Willifield Green on Mondays between 2 and 3.45pm, on Tuesdays between 2 and 6pm and on Fridays between 2.30 and 4pm or at any other time the building is open. All works are for sale. Details...
Borough Councillors' Surgery -10am to 11am. Borough Councillors' Surgery at HGS Trust offices. Ask for advice on local problems.
Sunday 14 February
Humour : What social function does it serve? - a Fellowship House talk -2:30pm at Fellowship House. Speaker: Martin Aaron Details...
Tuesday 16 February
Garden Suburb Theatre Cabaret - Tuesday 16 to Saturday 20 February7:30pm. Tuesday 16th to Friday 19th February 7.30pm and Saturday 20th February 2.30 & 7.30pm. Venue: Lund Theatre, University College School, Frognal NW3 6XH. Cabaret is a musical and is based on John Van Druten's 1951 play, "I am a Camera", which was adapted from the short novel "Goodbye to Berlin" by Christopher Isherwood. Admission £12 (conc £10). To book 020 7723 6609. www.ticketsource.co.uk/gardensuburbtheatre
Free Church Thursday Fellowship -2:30pm. A cup of tea and a talk by Revd Dr Ian Tutton in Free Church Rooms.
Thursday 18 February
Historical Association Byzantium, the Forgotten Empire. -8pm at Fellowship House. Speaker: Professor Jonathan Harris (Royal Holloway College, University of London) is Professor of the History of Byzantium. Amongst the forgotten themes that he has studied are the Greek diaspora after the fall of Constantinople, Greek emigres in Renaissance Italy and just what is malmsey? Visitors are welcome £3, members of Fellowship House £1. To book 020 8455 8318 Details...
Thursday 18 February
Horticultural Society Coach Trip to Welford Park for the Snowdrops -A country house and estate near Newbury noted for a spectacular display of snowdrops. The tea rooms serve light lunches and there is also an opportunity to buy snowdrops 'in the green'. Coach and entry £28.50 (iincludes hot drink on arrival). Cheques payable to HGS Horticultural Society. Call 020 8455 0455 to book.
Sunday 21 February
Free Church 106th Anniversary Service -11am at Free Church. Details...
Sunday 21 February
Walking back to happiness - a Fellowship House talk -2:30pm at Fellowship House. An illustrated talk by Christine Battye on her walk to St Jean de Compostelle Details...
Tuesday 23 February
HGS Astronomical Society talk to be confirmed -7:30pm at Free Church Hall. Venue: Oriel Room, Free Church Hall. Free to members, but we encourage anyone interested to attend the meetings. Membership is £25 per annum.. To book 020 8455 5501. Check www.hgsas.co.uk for details Details...
Wednesday 24 February