North of Meadway Gate, Temple Fortune Lane begins with number 2, a small white-plastered house with weatherboarded gables and a prominent ship weather vane, by that rare architect C Harrison Townsend, who had been responsible for one of the Barnetts' other pioneering enterprises, the Whitechapel Art Gallery (1896-1901). Numbers 12-32 form a recessed square, similar to those in Hampstead Way except that there is an irregular mixture of terraces, pairs of houses and individual houses. Numbers 34-36 are a very good pair by Arnold Mitchell, built in 1908, with bands of different coloured brick and neat hipped porches. Numbers 38-48 are a crescent by Sir Guy Dawber built in 1908, in his white plaster manner, with tall half-hipped gables to the houses next to the Lane.
Numbers 50-54 are an interesting trio by Parker and Unwin (1909), the third house being almost detached from the other two, and set on a different axis with a gabled arch in the angle. The remaining houses in Temple Fortune Lane are of the roughcast cottage type, better than those in Hampstead Way, particularly numbers 88-94, which are pleasantly set back behind old trees. Numbers 56-68 are set back in a crescent. This end of the road, with its gradual change in scale of materials from the large house to the small cottage, effectively links the centre of the Suburb to the artisan north end.